Monday, June 27, 2022

“AT THE PROPER TIME!”

 1 Peter 5:6-9                           (ESV)


“[6] HUMBLE YOURSELVES, therefore, under the mighty hand of GOD so that “AT THE PROPER TIME” HE may exalt you, [7] casting all your anxieties on HIM, because HE cares for you. [8] Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. [9] Resist him, firm in your FAITH, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.”





For me, operating at a fast pace was the normal thing to do until the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007.  Remembering those days of seemingly mandated “response times” appeared to be the default in my personality.  I’m not sure whether the Brain Hemorrhage or the maturation process is the driving force, but recognizing that I operate better when I WAIT ON THE LORD (Psalm 27:14) is definitely something that my EYES are OPENING to SEE!  


GOD ALMIGHTY isn’t limited by the finite minds of our humanity.  Having to HUMBLE YOURSELVES was something that was never very “comfortable” for me.  My childhood left me with some rather significant insecurities that were evident in some ways, but my fast-paced lifestyle covered my frailties and allowed me to “cover-up”what I had become.  Since THE CREATOR “revealed” HIS PLAN for me to SLOW DOWN with the Brain Hemorrhage, my ability to comprehend what HE needs me to understand has been “enhanced” tremendously!  


Being able to SEE what GOD was implanting in my life wasn’t identified as rapidly as my younger person would have “demanded”!  “AT THE PROPER TIME”has NOTHING to do with what I want, but what is in HIS PLAN for my life!  The Apostle Paul was sent “to Arabia” (Galatians 1:17) for three years as ALMIGHTY GOD prepared him for his ministry!  He returned “AT THE PROPER TIME” and was used in a TREMENDOUS way for GOD’S GLORY!  GOD has a way, unique and specific, to accomplish what ONLY HE can do in our lives!  But HE will only do it “AT THE PROPER TIME”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment