Thursday, June 1, 2023

“BE STRONG IN THE LORD!”

Ephesians 6:10-12                                  (ESV)


The Whole Armor of GOD


“[10] Finally, “BE STRONG IN THE LORD” and in the strength of HIS might. [11] Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. [12] For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”


A lot of times our lives are operating at such a whirlwind pace that we don’t take time to BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD (Psalms 46:10) is saying to us.  For most of us, the remedy to NOT hearing from our CREATOR is to open the BIBLE for a few minutes with the intention of hearing from the LORD on our timeline.  Could it be that we don’t have the proper understanding of WHO HE IS and that we are not as important as we think we are???


In his letter to the church at Ephesus, the Apostle Paul sums up his communication with “Finally, “BE STRONG IN THE LORD” and in the strength of HIS might”.  Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to STAND against the schemes of the devil.”  


I have never spent a lot of time in a facility where lifting weights was the main goal.  Being BLESSED with strength is something that I was gifted with by hard work and my genetics.  I never knew how strong I was until after I was recovering from the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007.  Losing almost twenty percent of your body weight in less than two months can reveal that to you.  My physical strength was very important to my recovery, but not nearly as important as “BE STRONG IN THE LORD”!


Spending an appropriate amount of time in BIBLE study and prayer time is something that is vastly under appreciated by humanity.  “Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to STAND against the schemes of the devil” isn’t something that should be ignored.  I need to “BE STRONG IN THE LORD”, not because I am important in HIS PLAN, but because HE lives inside my body!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment