Monday, June 26, 2023

“REMOVE VEXATION!”

 Ecclesiastes 11:10                 (ESV)


“REMOVE VEXATION” from your heart, and put away pain from your body, for youth and the dawn of life are vanity.”


Vexation 


  1. anger produced by some annoying irritation 
  2. the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
  3. something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness
  4. the act of troubling or annoying someone 






There are 12 chapters in the book of Ecclesiastes.  King Solomon, the author of this book, was known for his wisdom (1 Kings 4:29-30).  He wasn’t perfect, but his wisdom was notable. He wrote in the next to last chapter of Ecclesiastes the focal verse for today.  


King Solomon wrote in the verse above that a wise man should “REMOVE VEXATION” from your heart!  The four excerpts from a dictionary above show what “VEXATION” is described as.  It seems to me that the OPPOSITE of “VEXATION” might be PEACE???


Genesis 3:1a “Now the serpent (Satan) was MORE CRAFTY (conniving) than any other beast of the field that the LORD GOD had made.”  The exact OPPOSITE of MORE CRAFT could also be considered as PEACE!


JESUS said to HIS disciples in John 14:27 “PEACE I leave with you; MY PEACE I GIVE TO YOU. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”  


About sixteen years ago I was in the midst of “VEXATION” in my life.  GOD placed me into a coma for seventeen days to “REMOVE VEXATION” from my heart!  It is sad that I had to go through such a traumatic experience , and that my family had to endure such horrific circumstances, but GOD “REMOVED VEXATION” from my life!  HE didn’t need my permission either!  


Don’t be as stubborn as I was!  “REMOVE VEXATION” from your heart before HE helps you with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment