Wednesday, June 7, 2023

“YOUR WORD IS TRUTH!”

 John 17:14-19                        (ESV)


“[14] I have given them YOUR WORD, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. [15] I do not ask that YOU take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. [16] They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. [17] Sanctify them in the TRUTH; “YOUR WORD IS TRUTH”. [18] As YOU sent ME into the world, so I have sent them into the world. [19] And for their sake I consecrate MYSELF, that they also may be sanctified in truth.”




Almost the entire chapter of John 17 is called THE HIGH PRIESTLY PRAYER, coming from JESUS to HIS FATHER because HE knew what lie ahead of HIM!  Since JESUS knew what lie ahead of HIM, yet HE willingly submitted to the FATHERS PLAN, HE has “all authority” (Matthew 28:18) over “this world”!  Yet JESUS suffered through the torment of Calvary because of my sins, and yours.  


Our wishes don’t validate our sins, no matter what you told.  JESUS CHRIST paid the price of redemption for our sins and HE ALONE has the power to forgive us, no one else!  1 John 1:7 plainly says “But IF we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of JESUS HIS SON cleanses us from ALL sin.”  


For this humble FOLLOWER OF JESUS, I want to remember that “YOUR WORD IS TRUTH” and that I MUST adhere to TRUTH, not try to change TRUTH to accommodate my actions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment