Thursday, February 23, 2012

A BAD THING!!!.........maybe!!

The children of Israel were fleeing from the Egyptians (who are in a current mess!) and the time had come for them to show their faith in THE GOD JEHOVAH!  They were FLEEING from their captors and headed toward the land of milk and honey!  Confronted by a HOST of enemies behind them and an insurmountable obstruction in front of them, they begin to WHINE!  "Why have you drug us out into the desert to die, Moses?  Had we not left Egypt, we would not be in desolation preparing to for doom!" 

Do we not respond similar to a HOLY GOD?  When things don't go EXACTLY as WE THINK they should go, we start to whine and question why GOD is not doing things differently?!  Is HE not big enough for my problems?  Is HE not powerful enough to overcome my enemies?  Does HE not understand the depth of my situation?

Exodus 14:13-14 (ESV) says " And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”.  FEAR NOT, STAND FIRM. SEE SALVATION!  The verse that I love though is verse 14 where GOD says "The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent"!! 

Sometimes I have to be reminded that GOD does not need me, HE ONLY uses me!  He can use anyone or ANYTHING, yet HE chooses me.  That is, as long as I HAVE FAITH IN HIM AND FEAR NOT, STAND FIRM. SEE SALVATION! 

No comments:

Post a Comment