Sunday, February 12, 2012

Beauty is in the EAR of the beholder!

I follow an a man from Southern India who is an ENT.  I follow him, not because he is an ENT, but because he is a FOLLOWER of Jesus Christ!  Dr. Paulose is a very adept Physician who does a tremendous amount of work for the underprivileged.  Today, his article was entitled "Beauty is in the EAR of the beholder!".  He was talking about our physical ears.  But my thoughts went directly to our spiritual ears!

The play on words was thought provoking for me.  I  have always heard "Beauty is in the EYE of the beholder"!  But his TWEET got me to listening to THE LORD!  MY EARS hear all kinds of things!  They can listen to music, speech, birds chirping, trains blowing their horns, and all kinds of sounds that are a part of the world I live in.  But there is nothing so moving and nothing that gives as much comfort as hearing the GOD CREATOR speaking to little old me!  Satan attempts to fill my EARS with anything that will keep me from focusing on what GOD is.  If that is what I hear, then I live in defeat!  But if I listen to THE FATHER, then PEACE and COMFORT are mine!  GOD is a JEALOUS (Exodus 34:14) GOD and HE desires to give peace and comfort! 

Why we choose to allow strife and turmoil instead of PEACE and COMFORT is indescribable.  Joshua 24:15 says we have a CHOICE.  Today, I CHOOSE to serve, and listen to, THE LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment