Monday, February 13, 2012

A TRUE FRIEND!

This morning I was trying to have a quiet time.  I could not get my mind to FOCUS!  It seemed as though the more I tried to concentrate, the more directions my mind would go. 

So, I picked up my iPhone that provides no less than three BIBLE apps on it.  The English Standard Version was opened right where I had left it last night in church. Our pastor was speaking on actions that are what I will call, "GRAY AREA" items.  If it is a sin for one, is it a sin for all?  James 4:17 (ESV) says "So whoever knows the right to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin". 
 
Is is wrong then for me to do something that is okay for others?  Scripture tells me in ROMANS 14:20-23 (ESV) "Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin."

So yes, if I go into OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE and order a T-Bone Steak and it is offensive to my brother, it would be best for me to get a doggie-bag!  TRUE LOVE demands nothing less of me.....if not for my brother, then for MY LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment