Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!


Waking at 4:45AM is not a good thing for me!  I feel it is too early to wake up, but is too late to go back to sleep for fear of wasting half of the day!   

GOD put a scripture on my heart (Ephesians 2:8 ESV) that I could not get out of my mind!  Not having a good memory for scripture, when I got up I looked it up and it read "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the "GIFT" of God,  not a result of works, so that no one may boast."   Verse 9 is included in this.    

Our salvation is the greatest "GIFT" that GOD could have ever given.  My thoughts go to my childhood when my two sisters and I got bicycles for Christmas!   That was the MOST excited I can remember being about Christmas!

GOD wants me to know that HE provided the "GIFT" of salvation all on HIS own.   I did nothing for it, nor could I have done anything worthy of it.   HE alone provided even the desire to follow HIM.   The "GIFT" my mom gave me (bicycle) when I was a kid was great, but it will NEVER compare to the "GIFT" I have been given by The CREATOR!  

No comments:

Post a Comment