Thursday, November 29, 2012

HOME ALONE!


While listening to Bill Gaither recently during the taping of the Gaither London Homecoming Video, he was commenting about Rex Nelon going to glory early that morning.  He commented "We live in a time where it is tough to find a place to be quiet"at the 01:18:04 mark in the video.   I had to stop and ponder that awhile.  

You know, JESUS spent 40 days and nights alone in the wilderness (Mark 1:13).  HE also went to the garden (Gethsemane in Matthew 26:36) alone.   Many other times HE had to "get away" from all of life's distractions to be with The FATHER.   HE had to be where HE could be ALONE with The FATHER!  

JESUS is/was my supposed example.   I am to follow HIS lead in my life.  Why then do I find it difficult to set aside time in my life to be with "The FATHER"?  If I have a relationship with the CREATOR of all, why do I not better advantage of it?   

LORD IN HEAVEN, cause me to rely on YOU for everything in life.  The air I breathe, the clothes I wear, everything I do!  I trust in YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment