Thursday, November 8, 2012

I am CHOSEN!


But you are  A CHOSEN RACE ,  A  royal  PRIESTHOOD ,  A    HOLY NATION ,  A PEOPLE FOR    God's    OWN POSSESSION , so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (1 Peter 2:9 NASB)

There is much discussion about "Race" these days.   Similar to President Obama, I have a nephew whose mother was white and his father black.  My nephew is as special as any other person because GOD made him the way he is.  GOD made all of us just the way HE wanted us.   

But scripture tells me that I am part of a "CHOSEN RACE"!  When HE sees us, GOD sees our "SPIRIT" person.   GOD "chose" me!   HE had others that HE could have picked, but HE selected me!  

Why me?   Why not choose someone more refined or eloquent? I am not worthy of being picked.  

The last part of the verse contains the answer to this question.  "So that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light!"  I am not special, but I am chosen!  I am part of a "RACE" that is far above my skin color!   The CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE selected me to "Proclaim HIS Excellencies"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment