Sunday, November 15, 2015

"I AM CHIEF!"

1 Timothy 1:12-15                         (KJV)
"12 And I thank CHRIST JESUS our LORD, WHO hath enabled me, for that HE counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our LORD was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in CHRIST JESUS.15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to save sinners; of whom "I AM CHIEF"!


The Apostle Paul is bound to go down as one of the most dedicated believers in the New Testament, if not the entire Holy Bible.  He is credited with taking "at least four" missionary journeys, was imprisoned numerous times for a total of almost six years, and eventually had his head cut off for the sake of the Gospel.  The Apostle Paul, while he was known as Saul, persecuted Christians until he met up with JESUS on the road to Damascus.

As bad as Saul was in his former days, he was as committed a Believer after his conversion.   It seems most the most detestable "sinners" become the most effective witnesses for the Kingdom.  Paul says he was "before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious", BUT he obtained mercy!

When examining my life's history I am left feeling that "I AM CHIEF" among the ones that have been accepted into eternal life!  There are no murders, drug dealings, or other horrific "illegal" activities in my past, but when you consider how HOLY GOD is I am left feeling as though I am "filthy rags"!  It takes just as much grace to save me as it takes to save a criminal of the worst magnitude.  Now that is mercy!

There aren't enough words in the English language to describe the feelings of thanks and admiration I have for being called by GOD to be a Believer in JESUS CHRIST!  All I can do is live my remaining days in this world displaying HIS love and mercy through my life to a world who hates HIM and HIS followers.  There is no room for me to judge others, for as far as sinners go, "I AM CHIEF"!

No comments:

Post a Comment