Thursday, November 5, 2015

"THE LORD IS GOOD TO THOSE WHO WAIT FOR HIM!"

Lamentations 3:24-26                  (ESV)
"24 "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in HIM."
25 "THE LORD IS GOOD TO THOSE WHO WAIT FOR HIM", to the soul who seeks HIM.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."



Recently I was awakened in the middle of the night and, no matter how hard I tried, could not get back to sleep.  Being impatient, and making things happen, has formerly been a trait that I not only identified with, but a trait I used to almost glory in!  While perusing a social media website a meme was seen that caught my attention.  "Good things don't come to those who wait.  They come to those who work their tails off and never give up"!  One thing I have learned is that if scripture doesn't back something up, I don't put a tremendous amount of creditably to it.

So I began looking at scripture and and when I found Lamentations 3:25 I had to pause!  Not waiting on the LORD and 'making things happen' is akin to telling GOD that you know better than HE and you will call HIM if you need HIM!  How many times have I gotten frustrated when things would not seem to work out when GOD was trying to tell me to WAIT ON HIM!  There was a Bible study I found recently that said "This type of test could occur to some of you right before your big breakthrough with the LORD. What you will have to do is OVERRIDE your flesh and your own IMPATIENCE, and simply rely on GOD’s peace through the Holy Spirit and God’s perfect timing as to when HE will want to open up that door for you."

Not waiting on GOD can be as much of a sin as overtly doing something specifically forbidden by scripture.  To not trust in HIM to provide HIS blessings ON HIS TIMETABLE can be telling HIM that HE doesn't know what is best!  Can you imagine what would have been the results when the children of Israel had attempted to cross the Red Sea before GOD was ready to part the Red Sea??  Trusting GOD to deliver us, WHEN HIS PLAN calls for deliverance, demonstrates our total trust in HIM and HIS timing!

Trying to be one who is "in control" of WHEN things happen can be just as fatal as not trusting HIM at all!  Jeremiah 17:9 says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it"?  "THE LORD IS GOOD TO THOSE WHO WAIT FOR HIM" and it may be GOD is telling me not to trust my deceitful heart and to TRUST HIM?  

No comments:

Post a Comment