Saturday, January 2, 2016

"IMPOSSIBLE!"

Hebrews 11:5-7              (ESV)
"5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because GOD had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased GOD.
6 And without faith it is "IMPOSSIBLE" to please HIM, for whoever would draw near to GOD must believe that HE exists and that HE rewards those who seek HIM.
7 By faith Noah, being warned by GOD concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by FAITH."




When I reflect on my life and all of the joy and successes I have enjoyed there is little doubt in my mind there is a loving GOD guiding my life.  When I consider my past and all of the trials and turmoils I have endured, there remains NO DOUBT whatsoever that GOD has been there before I was formed in my mothers womb providing direction and sometimes by limiting choices where I would follow HIM. Even when I was unable to make wise decisions, namely during the brain hemorrhage of 2007, GOD directed Doctors to place me into a medically induced coma so I wouldn't interfere, nor gain any glory, from the greatest miracle provided in my life.  The idea that GOD is not sovereign, while at the same time allowing us to have choices in our lives, is something I'm not sure I totally understand, but am so grateful for!

GOD cannot be seen by all.  You must diligently search for HIM in order to find HIM.  Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek ME and find ME, when you seek ME with all your heart".  I did not realize that GOD was directing my life until I earnestly started seeking for HIM to be revealed in my life.  Of course, when I set me eyes on HIM and HIS majesty seeing that HE has always been is an overwhelming observation.

Since GOD has always been there in my life and HE never fails, why do I fret about the future and what may lie ahead?  One commentary states "God is eternal. Because He is eternal, He did not need to be created. In fact, because He is eternal, God could not have been created, since it is not possible to create something that already exists."  Since GOD "is" and HE is sovereign over everything (ask Pharaoh in Exodus 14!), I must realize that if trials and turmoil are in my future, then GOD must be using the trials and turmoil for HIS glory!

In Luke 1:37 the same angel who foretold the birth of JESUS said "For nothing will be "IMPOSSIBLE" with GOD".  In Hebrews 11:6 scripture says it IS "IMPOSSIBLE" to please GOD!  The only conclusion that I can deduce is that one "must believe that HE exists and that HE rewards those who seek HIM"!  Since GOD is eternal and is sovereign over everything in my life, I can rest assured that HE knows the plans (Jeremiah 29:11) HE has for me!  My focus shall remain on HIM getting glory from my life in everything I do, and doing the "IMPOSSIBLE" for HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment