Monday, July 18, 2016

"EVERY DEED!"

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14                               (ESV)
"13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear GOD and keep HIS commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For GOD will bring "EVERY DEED" into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil."



Recently one of my married children was buying a new vehicle.  When he and his wife were preparing to drive away from the dealership, my son decided to let his wife drive the new vehicle home, as they live about 30 miles from where they bought the car.  My wife, who was present when the trade was made, had explained that when I bought a Suburban about 15 years earlier, I had let her drive it home and she was convinced we had made a good purchase.  My son told his mom that he learned so much from his dad?  Now I'm not sure how many of those things were "good things or "bad things", but he remembered some of these things!  Evidently, he absorbed some "good things" growing up, and I'm proud of that?  We won't discuss how many "bad thing"s he learned that he is avoiding by learning from my mistakes!

The author of the book of Ecclesiastes is generally credited to King Solomon.  His wisdom was a blessing from GOD, and since he requested wisdom from GOD instead of wealth and possessions, GOD have him wisdom, knowledge, and wealth! Now King Solomon was royalty in that his father was King David.  While I am not considered to be royalty in this life, 1 Peter 2:9 says we are a "royal priesthood" in CHRIST!  We should understand that our children absorb the "good things", as well as the "bad things" we do, and they will be made manifest one day without warning!

My prayer is that the "bad things" I have done that have been observed by others will serve as a learning tool and used to glorify GOD in Heaven.  The "good things" that others have seen me do have only been because of ALMIGHTY GOD living within my life!  However, "EVERY DEED" that I have done will one day be judged, whether good or evil!  Be careful how you act/react to "EVERY DEED" in your life, for "someone" is watching, and that "someone" maybe making subconscious mental notes they will use in their future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment