Thursday, July 14, 2016

"LIGHT!"

Matthew 5:13-16                                    (ESV)
"13 "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.
14 "You are the "LIGHT" of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15 Nor do people "LIGHT" a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives "LIGHT" to all in the house.
16 In the same way, let your "LIGHT" shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your FATHER WHO is in Heaven."



While scrolling through a social media website recently I came across a meme that read "Light up (insert name of site) with the Blue Candle for all of our fallen officers!".  Now nobody supports our policemen as much as I do.   As a matter of fact, I considered becoming a law enforcement officer until the killing of a local officer in February 1977.  But I no longer desire to be an officer, have never been an officer, and probably will never be an officer!

However, JESUS called me "the salt of the earth", therefore my life is the "LIGHT" of the world!  Not because I am better than others, not because of who my parents are, not EVEN because of my lifestyle!  My lifestyle of abstaining from several immoral sins would be applauded by some, but then there a few immoral sins that I may be found guilty of, and that wouldn't disqualify me from going to Heaven, except for the fact that JESUS came into this world to save sinners, of whom I am chief (1 Timothy 1:15)!  The qualifying event for my life took place over 2,000 years ago on Calvary's tree!

JESUS never called us to be a "good Christians", as a matter of fact HE says in Mark 10:18 (among other places) "Why do you call me good? No one is good except GOD alone."  HE does say in Matthew 5:13 that if SALT loses its seasoning abilities, it is good for nothing but "tread under people's feet!"  Those of us who have been BORN AGAIN have had an unbelievable price paid for our souls!  Why should we allow ourselves to be "tread under people's feet" when GOD IN THE FLESH rescued us on Calvary?

A full-length mirror is a fine example of how we should live an obedient GOD called life.  When a mirror is clean, with no streaks or blemishes to prevent a true reflection, it can blind when the "LIGHT" is shown through it.  Not allowing my mirror to be stained and clouded by sin is something I try to ever aware of.  GOD sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT (John 14:26) to guide and convict me when I stray from HIS way.  As long as HIS "LIGHT" shines brightly on my path, I am at peace!  Through the blood of JESUS CHRIST, may my goal in life be to keep my mirror as clean as possible so the "LIGHT" can be seen by all who care to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment