Thursday, July 7, 2016

"YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE!"

1 Peter 2:9-10                  (ESV)
"9 But "YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE", a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for HIS own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of HIM who called you out of darkness into HIS marvelous light.
10 Once you were not a people, but now you are GOD's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."



Being happily married for over 30 years is something my wife and I am extremely blessed with.  To be married to such a beautiful, young looking, intelligent woman had to be a blessing from Heaven, for no one could ever be that "lucky"!  And she continues to stick with me for some unknown reason.  It must be that GOD has HIS hand on me/us and HIS Plan is being fulfilled?

Yes, I know exactly what it feels like to know "YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE"!  How can a man be so blessed to have such a woman, for GOD to bless us with two healthy, GOD fearing sons who married two loving spouses, who both gave birth to granddaughters that are healthy and beautiful!  Then consider that I survived a "massive brain hemorrhage" in 2007, I live in the greatest nation in history, in freedom unmatched, with no restraints on my ability to worship as I am led by the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD?!?

When all is considered about my life, to understand that "YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE" has nothing to do with my skin color or my ethnicity.  To be a part of such an elite family has nothing to do with who my physical ancestry is, rather WHO my Spiritual FATHER is!  Just like I have nothing to brag about my wife sticking with me for 30+ years, being a part of the Family of GOD has nothing to do with my "goodness" or "worthiness"!  GOD, in HIS Wisdom and "foreknowledge" (1 Peter 1:2), CHOSE me to be in HIS "elect" (1 Peter 1:1).  There is NOTHING I could do to be worthy of being a part of this Family.  All I can do is be grateful and thankful that I am part of "YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE"!

All of the conversation about whether one physical RACE (or species) has an advantage over another physical RACE, I believe, is part of the enemies plan to change the narrative away from what JESUS did for us!  There have been disagreements for thousands of years about "YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE", but GOD doesn't consult humans to perfect HIS Plan!  I'm just blessed to be a part of HIS Plan, and to know "YOU ARE A CHOSEN RACE"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment