Friday, July 15, 2016

"THE FOREMOST!"

1 Timothy 1:12-16                     (ESV)
"12 I thank him who has given me strength, CHRIST JESUS  our LORD, because HE judged me faithful, appointing me to HIS service,
13 though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,
14 and the grace of our LORD overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in CHRIST JESUS.
15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am "THE FOREMOST".
16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as "THE FOREMOST", JESUS CHRIST might display HIS perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in HIM for eternal life."




The Apostle Paul is considered by some to be one of the most dedicated Believers that JESUS CHRIST is the SON of GOD.  Nobody should ever want to leave an impression of being "THE FOREMOST" follower of Deity, neither did Paul.  His admission that he was "THE FOREMOST" was stating that he was the worst sinner in present time.

To classify yourself as "THE FOREMOST" of sinners, when you are thought by some to be one of the most devout Believers of all time, can seem somewhat paradoxical.  It has been said by people a lot wiser than I, that the closer you get to the LIGHT, the more filth you are able to see.  The Apostle Paul said he was "THE FOREMOST" of sinners, not because he thought he was closer to the LIGHT than anyone else, rather because he actually could see how wretched he was in the sight of the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS!!

Like Paul, the closer I get to the LIGHT the more I realize how "undone" I am!  Why I was ever "chosen" by ALMIGHTY GOD to serve HIS Kingdom will forever be a mystery to me.  To be accepted into HIS Family is a privilege that cannot be put into words, for I consider myself "THE FOREMOST" of sinners!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment