Saturday, July 16, 2016

"HE PLEASES!"

Psalms 115:1-3                         (ESV)
"1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to YOUR name give glory, for the sake of YOUR steadfast love and YOUR  faithfulness!
2 Why should the nations say, "Where is their GOD?"
3 Our GOD is in the heavens; HE DOES ALL THAT "HE PLEASES!"




For much of my life my prayers consisted of mainly me "making my requests known to GOD" (Philippians 4:6-7).  It was as if I thought I knew what was best and I wanted GOD to work things the way I THOUGHT they should be?  Surely I would never lead myself, or my family, into a dangerous situation?  Surely, since my God was "so loving", HE wouldn't allow me to take a wrong turn on my journey of serving HIM?  SURELY?!?

But wait, scripture states in 1 Corinthians 1:19 "For it is written, "I (GOD) will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart."  Our supposed earthly wisdom will lead us into distress, especially IF WE OMIT GOD from the process!  There was a time not so long ago that my perceived intelligence (and ill used wit) got me into as much, or more, trouble than it ever got me out of.   Seeking glory for myself and my friends may have been my target, but GOD definitely wasn't being glorified!  My supposed "can't miss" ideas may have been opposed to the Will of ALMIGHTY GOD!

Whether our wishes and desires are met (OR NOT) could depend on if we are striving to bring glory and honor to GOD!  Psalms 37:4 states "DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD, and HE will give you the desires of your heart".  The problem is, too many times, we want to DELIGHT IN OUR PLEASURES and expect GOD to still give us the desires of our hearts!

In Exodus 14:4 it is recorded "and I (GOD) will get glory over Pharaoh and all his hosts, and the Egyptians shall know that I AM THE LORD!  And they did so!!!"  Some modern day Believers would have a huge problem believing that a "loving God" would drown a leader of a worldly dynasty and his army at the bottom of an ocean!  However, GOD did, and HE is capable of doing it again, IF "HE PLEASES"!  We must be clear, unless we give honor and glory to GOD, we have to beware of whatever "HE PLEASES"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment