Monday, October 10, 2016

"CREATED FOR MY GLORY!"

Isaiah 43:1-7                                     (ESV)
"1 But now thus says the LORD, HE who created you, O Jacob, HE who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are MINE.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3 For I AM the LORD your GOD, the HOLY ONE of Israel, your SAVIOR. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
4 Because you are precious in MY eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.
5 Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.
6 I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring MY sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth,
7 everyone who is called by MY name, whom I "CREATED FOR MY GLORY", whom I formed and made."



Recently the fellowship I attend watched a sermon from Matt Chandler entitled "GOD is for GOD".  The sermon basically said we were not created so GOD could lavish HIS blessings upon us and make us desire to praise HIM for HIS blessings.  GOD created us to magnify and exalt HIS Name and character, to shine (reflect) HIS Light for a lost and dying world to see, not so HE could demonstrate how much HE could help us adapt to "this world"!  We are "sojourners" (defined as: a temporary stay:) in a foreign land, not homesteaders trying to wiggle our way into this evil society.

In the mid-1990's, I was in a position where GOD had my full attention!  Switching to a property and casualty insurance agency from a life insurance only agency, there was an immense lack of knowledge, although I would never have admitted it the time.  There were things I couldn't SEE (Ephesians 1:18) and I wouldn't slow down long enough for GOD to reveal them to me.  Visiting a county park one day, I stumbled across Isaiah 43:2 and it was as if GOD HIMSELF was speaking directly to me.  The floods have gotten pretty deep, and the fires have gotten extremely hot, but GOD has always been right there to protect me.  HIS methods were rather severe at times, but HE HAS BEEN FAITHFUL!!!  But it seemed I was continually wanting to see what GOD was going to do for me, instead of what I could do for HIM.

While listening to Matt Chandler speak recently, I was almost taken aback when he said that we were "CREATED FOR MY GLORY"!  Although I KNEW GOD had CREATED US for HIS GLORY, there are so many self-proclaimed "preachers" these days teaching that GOD is here for our pleasure that hearing the TRUTH is akin to jumping into an ice cold swimming pool!  GOD isn't looking for someone who can wear the finest clothes, or drive the most spectacular automobile, nor fly the biggest jet!  No, GOD is making a few good men who will be obedient to HIM and follow the leadership of the HOLY SPIRIT in the daily walk with HIM!

GOD has placed a vision in my heart of where I believe HE wants me to go, for HIS Glory.  While it is my "nature" (what my natural man desires) to implement HIS Plan in the next few days, I understand that I am "CREATED FOR HIS GLORY" and if I have to suffer for awhile, (1 Peter 5:10b) GOD "WHO has called you to his eternal glory in CHRIST, will HIMSELF restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you" in HIS timing!  After all, it is NOT about what I "think" is best for me.  I was "CREATED FOR HIS GLORY" and not for my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment