Friday, March 3, 2017

"BELIEVED GOD!"

Galatians 3:6-9                       (ESV)
"6 just as Abraham "BELIEVED GOD", and it was counted to him as righteousness"?
7 Know then that it is those of FAITH who are the sons of Abraham.
8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that GOD would justify the Gentiles by FAITH , preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed."
9 So then, those who are of FAITH are blessed along with Abraham, the man of FAITH."




Reading Psalms 46:10 ("BE STILL, and know that I AM GOD; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted among the earth") can be an interesting experience.  LIVING Psalms 46:10 can be quite a TRYING experience!  Letting GOD be GOD is not for the weak, rather for those who have FAITH beyond measure.

However, there is very little we attempt in life where we actually "let GOD be GOD" and place our trust in HIM "completely" for the outcome HE desires!  Abraham believed GOD was WHO HE said HE was, and GOD blessed him because of his FAITH.  Abraham did not have to trust GOD, rather he CHOSE to.

Why do I get a preconceived idea of what I "think" GOD may be trying to accomplish and try to "run" with it, sometimes in my own "strength"?  Abraham might would have preferred to stay in "Ur of the Chaldeans" (Genesis 15:7) to "build his legacy", but instead he chose to "walk by FAITH" and was lead to Jerusalem where GOD blessed him greatly.   All because Abraham CHOSE to BELIEVE that GOD was GOD and that HE would do what HE said HE would do!

Imagine, if you will, what GOD could do with my life if I CHOSE to TRUST that HE is GOD and will do what HE says HE will do???  HE may do what HE has declared to be HIS Will where I am, or HE may require me to move to a new "land flowing with milk and honey"!  (Exodus 3:8; Genesis 15).  GOD said it and Abraham "BELIEVED GOD"!  Do I BELIEVE GOD???

No comments:

Post a Comment