Saturday, March 25, 2017

"I WILL!!!"

Exodus 3:10-12                               (ESV)
"10 Come, "I WILL" (GOD speaking) SEND YOU to Pharaoh that you may bring MY people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt."
11 But Moses said to GOD, "WHO AM I (man speaking) that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?"
12 HE said, "BUT "I WILL" BE WITH YOU (GOD speaking), and this shall be the sign for you, that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve GOD on THIS mountain."



Moses seemed to have MANY shortcomings that would have precluded him from being a perfect servant of GOD.  His past choices hung like a tremendous weight around his neck and he didn't feel like he was "worthy" to be used in Kingdom work.  But GOD typically doesn't use people who consider themselves holy.  In 2 Timothy 1:15  Paul, one of the most devout Believers of the New Testament, writes "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to SAVE SINNERS, OF WHOM I AM THE FOREMOST"!  Moses had similar thoughts about himself.  But GOD's thoughts are higher than our feeble thoughts! (Isaiah 55:8-9)

In three verses above GOD, number one, speaks to Moses, instructing him on what HE wants Moses to do for HIM.  GOD could have supernaturally annihilated Egypt, but HIS Plan called for a humble man to be used by HIM to get Glory over Pharaoh and all of his hosts (Exodus 14:4;18;27)!  GOD knew the sins of Moses intimately, but GOD "chose" him anyway! GOD said "I WILL SEND YOU", not I will allow you to go.

But Moses replied "Who am I..."?  Moses wasn't worthy to even be tending the sheep that day!  But GOD used his abilities for HIS Glory and get the Children of Israel set free.  If it were me, I might have gone into see Pharaoh once, maybe twice, and then given up thinking he was TOO big for GOD!  But GOD knew Moses would do what HE ordained him to do and so HE "called" Moses to do it.

When GOD said "I WILL" be with Moses and the Israelites, the same GOD WHO saw that Moses would perform the tasks that HE ordained him to do also knew that HE would "harden Pharaohs heart" (Exodus 14:4) and HE would "GET GLORY over Pharaoh and all of his hosts".  Whatever GOD "calls" us to do for HIS Glory, when it comes time, HE will do what is necessary for HIM to be Glorified!  As much as man thinks he needs to KNOW how things will work out, we don't need to SEE how GOD is  going to accomplish HIS Plan!  We just need to TRUST HIM and know that HE is responsible for "I WILL!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment