Thursday, March 2, 2017

"YOU ARE STILL OF THE FLESH!

1 Corinthians 3:1-5                    (ESV)
"1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in CHRIST.
2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready,
3 for "YOU ARE STILL OF THE FLESH". For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?
4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not being merely human?
5 What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the LORD assigned to each.
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but GOD gave the growth.
7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only GOD WHO gives the growth.
8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.
9 For we are GOD's fellow workers. You are GOD's field, GOD's building."



"Each of us are responsible for our own actions", I have heard it said by many who are far wiser than me!  While I am FAR from what I need to be, and hope to be, if you look at where I came from, one can only say that I must serve an AWESOME GOD!   Just this week I was reminiscing with a lifelong friend and he reminds me of what GOD brought me out of as a child!  Then last evening while giving the devotional at church, I was caused to recall the Brain Hemorrhage of July 2007.  Remembering where we were previously is vitally important when we are assessing our current situation.  

The Apostle Paul was writing in 1 Corinthians about immature Believers in the church.  He said they were acting like children, full of "jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way"?  This could be spoken about many modern fellowships, people who have no idea that GOD really is in control.   Sure, worldly people are going to act worldly and produce evil acts from their lives.  But just as GOD was in control before "The Flood" in Noah's day, HE will one day send HIS SON back to earth to fulfill HIS Promise.  When HE does, "this world" will undoubtedly act as though they DESERVE MERCY!  But mercy is defined as "compassionate benevolence", not getting what is due!

There are more than a few people that fall into the category of "YOU ARE STILL OF THE FLESH"!  Scripture is replete with instances where GOD speaks to HIS children SPIRITUALLY, not in the FLESH!  We must become more like GOD (SPIRITUAL) and less like "this world" (FLESH)!   Will it be said of you, "YOU ARE STILL OF THE FLESH"?  Or can you SEE the things of the SPIRIT???

No comments:

Post a Comment