Thursday, March 16, 2017

"OPENED HER HEART!"

Acts 16:13-15                             (ESV)
"13 And on the Sabbath day we went outside the gate to the riverside, where we supposed there was a place of prayer, and we sat down and spoke to the women who had come together.
14 One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of GOD. The LORD "OPENED HER HEART" to PAY ATTENTION to what was said by Paul.
15 And after she was baptized, and her household as well, she urged us, saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the LORD, come to my house and stay." And she prevailed upon us."




Recently I have been made to fully understand that GOD has to call us for us to even have a desire to surrender to HIS call.  In today's passage of scripture, Lydia already was "a worshipper of GOD", but she didn't KNOW JESUS and the price HE paid for her salvation.  

Most are aware of the Brain Hemorrhage I experienced on July 09, 2007.  So many things had to happen "just right" in order for me to experience a full and complete physical recovery from the Hemorrhagic Stroke.  Last evening I began writing this devotional at 8:04PM.  I was starting to get sleepy and came/went to bed.  I wrote the verses and the first paragraph above and came to bed and then checked my phone for emails and glanced at my social media accounts.  At 9:45PM I watched this account (http://www.reshareworthy.com/neurosurgeon-experiences-afterlife/) of a Neurosurgeon having a Meningitis attack that literally changed his life!

It is no COINCIDENCE that all of the occurrences surrounding my Hemorrhagic Stroke happened JUST the way they needed to allow me to survive the Brain Hemorrhage. Likewise, it was no COINCIDENCE that the video of the Neurosurgeon experiencing Meningitis came across my social media account literally an hour after I began this Bible Study!

On the wall of my social media account there is a saying that says "We have a GOD WHO delights in impossibilities"!  GOD doesn't work through chance or circumstance!  Lydia "OPENED HER HEART" because of hearing about the story Paul spoke to her.  Her entire family was saved because of her hearing, not because of chance or circumstance!  It's not chance or circumstance that you are reading this devotional today!  Perhaps GOD is trying to "OPEN YOUR HEART" with these stories like GOD "OPENED HER HEART"???  There is NO such thing as chance or circumstance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment