Wednesday, April 24, 2019

“NO ONE!”

John 6:43-51                                        (ESV)
“43 JESUS answered them, "Do not grumble among yourselves.
44 “NO ONE” CAN COME TO ME UNLESS THE FATHER WHO SENT ME DRAWS HIM. And I will raise him up on the last day.
45 It is written in the Prophets, 'And they will all be taught by GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the FATHER comes to ME-
46 not that anyone has seen the FATHER except HE WHO is from GOD; HE has seen the FATHER.
47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever Believes has eternal life.
48 I AM the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
50 This is the bread that comes down from Heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.
51 I am the LIVING BREAD that came down from Heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is MY flesh."



Even I, not the swiftest of readers, can read Acts 2:14-41 in under 5 minutes.  Acts 2:14-41 is Peter’s Sermon at Pentecost. Now Peter was not a trained theologian with various college degrees and seminary training, he was a fisherman whose life was radically changed by a relationship with JESUS.  He only told those listening that JESUS was killed by lawless men, but HE overcame death, Hell, and the grave three days later and rose victorious.  

Why do current day preachers have a rough time holding their sermons to less than 45 minutes or an hour, and even then we still don’t see the results we did on Pentecost?  Could it be we, preachers included, look for ways to exhibit our traits and abilities when ALMIGHTY GOD wants to show us that NOTHING but HIM that can save a Soul?  We can only be faithful to HIS call in our lives and let HIM DRAW them!

An example that I use (some say) far too often is the work GOD performed in my life in July 2007.  Being placed into a medically induced coma for seventeen days was certainly not a plan I had schemed to catch up on my rest.  While in that state, I had absolutely NO input in my treatment, my recovery, and certainly not making my brain stop hemorrhaging!  Even my breathing was controlled by machines.  My friend and doctor wrote in my medical records one month after my release from a 52 day hospitalization, “he has had a remarkable recovery that can only be described as a miracle from GOD”!  “NO ONE” else was given credit for my healing.  Maybe because “NO ONE” else could do what GOD had done?!?

Many times man attempts to give credit for the word of GOD ALMIGHTY when they can’t explain it.  The “BIG BANG” theory comes to mind first.  But all we have to do is simply have FAITH that JESUS is the SON of GOD and HE came to earth from HEAVEN EXPLICITLY to provide us a sacrifice to enter Heaven and celebrate HIM forever, and we shall be saved from eternal damnation!  “NO ONE” CAN COME TO ME UNLESS THE FATHER WHO SENT ME DRAWS HIM, and “NO ONE” else can provide redemption for mankind.  Scripture states in Isaiah 46:9 “....for I AM GOD, and there is no other; I AM GOD, and there is none like ME,...”.  “NO ONE!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment