Tuesday, April 30, 2019

“THE ENEMY AND THE AVENGER!”

Psalms 8                                               (ESV)
“1 O LORD, our LORD, how majestic is YOUR NAME in all the earth! You have set YOUR glory above the heavens. 
2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants, YOU have established strength because of YOUR foes, TO STILL “THE ENEMY AND THE AVENGER”. 
3 When I look at YOUR heavens, the work of YOUR fingers, the moon and the stars, which YOU have set in place, 
4 what is man that YOU are mindful of him, and the son of man that YOU care for him? 
5 Yet YOU have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 
6 YOU have given him dominion over the works of YOUR hands; YOU have put all things under his feet, 
7 all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, 
8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. 
9 O LORD, our LORD, how majestic is YOUR NAME in all the earth!”



Why did ALMIGHTY GOD bother with CREATING me?  HE CREATED ALL THINGS (Colossians 1:16) in Heaven and on earth FOR HIS GLORY, not for us to see how much wealth and prosperity we could collect while here on this earth.  HE made ALL THINGS, so it ALL HIS anyway!  For me to do anything but PRAISE JESUS fails to reflect HIS LOVE.  

In Ezekiel 28:11-19 the story of the FALL from Heaven for satan and 1/3 of the (fallen) angels sets the stage for the demonstration of GOD’s Plan that has been unfolding since.  In Isaiah 14:13-15 Scripture records “You (satan) said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of GOD I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the MOST HIGH.'  But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.”  Those who fail to surrender to the Authority and Grace of JESUS are, in fact, just like satan, failing to acknowledge that GOD IS GOD!  They will be cast into fiery pit to be tormented “day and night for ever and ever” (Revelation 20:10) one day!  

To completely grasp that we Believers have been CALLED OUT to be separated from “THE ENEMY AND THE AVENGER” may cost us some earthly pleasures, but it also removes the price for sin from us, a price that JESUS paid for me on Calvary.  Thankfully worthiness is not an issue, for GOD’S GRACE and HIS Plan is what I place my TRUST in. “THE ENEMY AND THE AVENGER” have a place in GOD’S Plan as well.  You DON’T want to be included in his guest list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment