Thursday, April 11, 2019

“WHO GIVES BREATH!”

Isaiah 42:5-8                                         (ESV)
“5 Thus says GOD, the LORD, WHO created the heavens and stretched them out, WHO spread out the earth and what comes from it, “WHO GIVES BREATH” TO THE PEOPLE ON IT and spirit to those who walk in it: 
6 "I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, 
7 to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. 
8 I am the LORD; that is MY name; MY glory I give to no other, nor MY praise to carved idols.”



Briefly today, we say we want to SEE the HAND of GOD displayed in our lives???  Most everyone knows about my medical records from September 25, 2007 where my medical doctor writes “However, he has had an remarkable recovery that could only be described as a miracle from GOD”?  Surely that was a monumental moment in my life.  Then a few years later I was on the beach when a Seagull was chirping and the Scripture from Matthew 6:26 came to mind that says “Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your HEAVENLY FATHER feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”

But this passage of Scripture says it all for me.  If we REALLY were honest, we have to profess that we know, deep in our hearts, that ALMIGHTY GOD literally gives us the air we breathe, and HE is literally LIFE!  Isaiah 42:5 plainly tells us “...GOD, the LORD, WHO created the heavens and stretched them out, WHO spread out the earth and what comes from it, “WHO GIVES BREATH” TO THE PEOPLE ON IT...”.  


You may say that you don’t believe that there is a god, that everything that was formed was from chance or circumstance, but I KNOW in my heart the ONE “WHO GIVES BREATH” and am so thankful that HE makes HIMSELF known to me in unmistakable ways!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment