Tuesday, May 14, 2019

“I AM! THE LORD!”

Exodus 7:5-7                                                     (ESV)
“5 The Egyptians shall know that “I AM THE LORD”, when I stretch out my hand against Egypt and bring out the people of Israel from among them."
6 Moses and Aaron did so; THEY DID JUST AS THE LORD COMMANDED THEM.
7 Now Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron eighty-three years old, when they spoke to Pharaoh.”



There are many times that I THINK I know what GOD has told me that HE is going to do.  Many times that I act out of Spiritual ignorance attempting to perform that which ONLY GOD can perform, USUALLY finding out that I have gotten ahead of GOD’S timing and I experienced failure!  

Recently my Spirit was searching for a WORD from GOD and the passage of Exodus 7:7 came into my mind, “Now Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron eighty-three years old, when they spoke to Pharaoh.”  Now I didn’t SEE what GOD was saying to me at the time, but I highlighted the passage KNOWING that GOD was going to speak direction to me through these verses soon.  This morning HE had done so!

“Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron eighty-three years old” tells me that they were not spring-chickens any longer, that they were “experienced” in the things of the LORD.  It also tells me that whatever they accomplished, it would be less likely to be credited to their own strength and skills.  They were maturing into vessels that would draw Honor and Glory to GOD, not themselves!  When “this world” witnessed “MY HAND” against Egypt, they would have no doubt that ALMIGHTY GOD had performed the miraculous!  

There are miracles that occur everyday, we just become so accustomed to seeing them that we accept them as “nature”!  How else can one explain how oxygen is breathed into our bodies and carbon dioxide is exhaled seconds later?  There are some people who have numerous children, and some people can never conceive?  Some children grow to be 100+ years old, and some never make it out of the womb?  

When “I AM THE LORD” decrees that something WILL BE, man has no power to prevent it from happening!  When will we realize and understand that we ARE NOT in control, but ALMIGHTY GOD is in Control!  THAT IS WHY why we NEED TO DO JUST AS THE LORD COMMANDS us to do!  “I AM THE LORD” is leading us, not some novice who doesn’t have a clue where we need to go!  When “I AM THE LORD” says HE is going to do something, consider IT DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment