Sunday, May 12, 2019

“MOTHERS DAY!”

My mother passed to her eternal reward on February 27, 2008.   She had lived in “this world” for 77 1/2 years.   She was not only prepared to leave here, but she was ready!  

The more I age, the more I SEE CHRIST in the life of my “momma”.  She gave up any aspirations she had of being a wealthy and prosperous woman when she battled for, and eventually won custody of her three children in 1964.  My father abruptly moved to Canada and never paid any child support and never had any dealings with me or my sisters.  Only in recent years have it been revealed to me that GOD removed the influence of my father from my life to prevent me from being exposed to some horrible trials, the depths of which I may never know!  

My mom worked for most of her life as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.   When she died she didn’t leave her children a lot of earthly possessions to squabble over.  One thing that she did MAKE SURE that we were exposed was the teachings of the WORD OF GOD.   While she was working most Sunday mornings, we were carried to church by our grandparents, or walked to church by ourselves.  We had GOD’S WORD constantly taught to us by others, many of who I can’t even remember.  But my “momma” is the one who made certain we were grounded in the WORD.  

MOTHERS DAY is still special because my wife is the best, but my “momma” gave me life then taught me to LOVE!  February 5, 2008 our family doctor told me that I was released to return to work following an extended illness.   In the next breath he told my “momma” that she had Stage 4 Breast Cancer.   22 days later she exited this world and entered her eternal reward.   I’ll not be selfish and wish her back just so I could hug on her one more time.  She has finished her race.   Soon I will finish mine.  Until then, I will continue reflecting the LOVE I partially learned from her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment