Wednesday, May 22, 2019

“THINK OVER?”

2 Timothy 2:1-7                                                   (ESV)
“1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in CHRIST JESUS,
2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.
3 SHARE IN SUFFERING as a good soldier of CHRIST JESUS.
4 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.
5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
6 IT IS THE HARD-WORKING FARMER WHO OUGHT TO HAVE THE FIRST SHARE OF THE CROPS.
7 “THINK OVER” what I say, FOR THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING IN EVERYTHING.”



There are verses of Scripture that are rather plain, such as Exodus 20:13 which says “You shall not murder.”  Then there are verses that explicitly tell us to ponder what GOD is saying to us (Luke 2:19), and then to act appropriately.  In verse seven above, the author is saying for us to “THINK OVER” what he tells us, not to “speed-read” it hoping it will change our lives simply because we took time to read HIS WORD.  We must have our lives CHANGED BY THE WORD OF GOD for it to accomplish what HE intends!  

Walking through our prescribed wilderness, BY FAITH, there will undoubtedly be times when we aren’t really certain which path to take?  Going back almost 12 years ago, when I was placed into a coma for almost three weeks, I don’t remember anyone asking me what my thoughts were about being being “knocked out” until someone else thought I was better?  Without a doubt, my life was DRAMATICALLY CHANGED since, slowing me down and causing me to “THINK OVER” what GOD is doing in, and through, my actions.  

Knowing that GOD IS GOD is something that most of us almost take for granted, or we don’t “THINK OVER”!  HE can grant us wealth, and HE can cause us to live in poverty.  HE can cause us to be healed, and HE can walk with us through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalms 23:4)!  HE IS GOD and HE doesn’t need our approval to do anything HE desires!  When JESUS was in the Garden of Gethsemane HE didn’t pray for deliverance from what was about to happen (Luke 22:39-46).  Instead JESUS prayed, “Nevertheless, not MY will, but YOURS, be done”.  Scripture then states that HE continued to pray, that angels ministered to HIM, and HE began to sweat drops of blood, probably because HE knew what HE was about to experience!

HE took time to “THINK OVER” what HE was about to endure, yet HE CHOSE to continue to Glorify HIS FATHER and save my soul!  And I don’t think I have time to spend a few minutes each day allowing HIS WORD to mold my life into what HE needs me to be?  GOD IN HEAVEN, what is wrong with me?  The GOD OF CREATION wants to infuse HIMSELF into me, and just as I was in 2007, I have NO IDEA what HE is trying to accomplish.  SEEING HIS handiwork, what is there to “THINK OVER”???

No comments:

Post a Comment