Monday, December 16, 2019

“ASSIGNED TO HIM!”




1 Corinthians 7:17                                        (ESV)
“17 Only let each person LEAD THE LIFE that the LORD has “ASSIGNED TO HIM”, and to which GOD HAS CALLED HIM. This is my rule in all the churches.”



Without boring others with my entire life experience, I have been “ASSIGNED” a life that may not be the prettiest, but has DEFINITELY had the Hand of GOD guiding me throughout my entire life.  Don’t get me wrong, I have not always listened to HIS instruction, but still HE has been leading, guiding, and directing me as I journey through “this world”.  Recognizing that my journey was NOT in my control has been the most difficult thing to grasp.  

There are many people believing that mankind determines his steps, but several times in Scripture tells me differently.  Job 2:6 says “And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, he (Job) is in your hand; only spare his life."  Satan could/can do nothing outside of GOD’S instructions.  

Proverbs 16:9 says “The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.”  We think we have our best life now in our plans for our future, but the LORD is the ONE that gives us the very air that we breathe (Isaiah 42:5)!  It has taken me almost 60 years to SEE that I am NOT able to guide something as insignificant as an ant away from food, so I am not capable to choose a path that is free from danger and snares!  

As long as a person continues to choose his own path, that person will have stress, regrets and turmoil.  But when we yield to the LIFE that the LORD has “ASSIGNED TO HIM”, we can rest assured that HIS Plan is being fulfilled and we are fulfilling HIS Purpose for our lives.  Since HE has CHOSEN we who Believe from the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), we should ALL be pleased to take the path that the LORD has “ASSIGNED TO HIM”!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment