Friday, December 6, 2019

“OUT OF THE PIT!”

Genesis 41:14;37-43                                       (ESV)
“14 Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they quickly brought him “OUT OF THE PIT”. And when he had shaved himself and changed his clothes, he came in before Pharaoh.”
“37 This proposal pleased Pharaoh and all his servants.
38 And Pharaoh said to his servants, "Can we find a man like this, in whom is the Spirit of God?"
39 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Since God has shown you all this, there is none so discerning and wise as you are.
40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall order themselves as you command. Only as regards the throne will I be greater than you."
41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt."
42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his hand and put it on Joseph's hand, and clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain about his neck.
43 And he made him ride in his second chariot. And they called out before him, "Bow the knee!" Thus he set him over all the land of Egypt.”

The history of Joseph being used by ALMIGHTY GOD is one that stirs my curiosity every time I read it.  Joseph was sold into slavery by his own brothers to Egyptians, was raised to Potiphar’s head servant, then sent to prison unjustly, and was brought out of prison simply doing what GOD had called him to do!  In verse 14 above, Joseph had to bring “OUT OF THE PIT”, but in verse 43 Pharaoh “set him over ALL THE LAND OF EGYPT”!

GOD is not limited by the circumstances we find ourselves in.  If you find yourself in the depths of a PIT, GOD “specializes” in doing the impossible, something that man cannot do.  HE will bring you “OUT OF THE PIT” to Glorify HIS NAME, but not your name!  We should be mainly interested in growing HIS Kingdom, so why do I keep “my” checking account balanced?  HE is the ONE that provides funds for my needs in the first place.  HE knows my needs way ahead of my recognizing that the need exists!

The same GOD that elevated Joseph “OUT OF THE PIT” and set him over ALL THE LAND OF EGYPT is the GOD that I serve.  HE has lifted me “OUT OF THE PIT” many times before, and I have FAITH that HE will do it again, FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment