Saturday, December 14, 2019

“I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!”

John 8:12-16                                               (ESV)
“12 Again JESUS spoke to them, saying, "I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD”. Whoever follows ME will not walk in darkness, but will have the LIGHT of life."
13 So the Pharisees said to HIM, "You are bearing witness about yourself; your testimony is not true."
14 JESUS answered, "Even if I do bear witness about MYSELF, MY testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going, but YOU DO NOT KNOW where I come from or where I am going.
15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.
16 Yet even if I do judge, MY judgment is true, for it is not I alone WHO judge, but I and the FATHER WHO sent ME.”



When JESUS came into the world, you would be led to think that everyone who saw HIM would recognize the SON OF GOD?  Since “I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD” was in the midst of the people, surely they could SEE HIM?  However, the Pharisees were the modern day equivalent to Doctors of Theology in the Jewish culture.  Yet JESUS told them YOU DO NOT KNOW where I come from or where I am going!  They were Spiritually BLIND!  They could not PERCEIVE where what their eyes were seeing and their ears were hearing.  

But the Pharisees weren’t the only ones whose EYES were dimmed and EARS were closed!  In Matthew 27:45 Scripture records “Now from the sixth hour there was DARKNESS OVER ALL THE LAND until the ninth hour” while JESUS was on the cross.  When “I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD” was removed, DARKNESS OVER ALL THE LAND was prevalent!  

In almost AMAZEMENT we wonder ‘how bad can it get’ when we sit idly by and allow the NAME of CHRIST to be dishonored and totally disrespected by those who truly can’t SEE WHO HE is!  JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD and we should go to extreme lengths to proclaim that instead of being concerned about the feelings of “this world”!  

When “I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD” returns, HE won’t come as a loving Savior!  HE will sentence those who reject HIS free pardon of GRACE to a “...place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth!” (Matthew 24:51).  Don’t get deceived by “the enemy “!  Judgement is coming!  EVERYONE will SEE on THAT DAY, as we will ALL SEE that “I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment