Thursday, December 19, 2019

“THIS BOOK!”

Joshua 1:7-8                                                          (ESV)
“7 Only be strong and very courageous, BEING CAREFUL TO DO according to ALL THE LAW that Moses MY servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have GOOD SUCCESS wherever you go.
8 “THIS BOOK” of the Law shall not depart from YOUR MOUTH, but you shall MEDITATE ON IT DAY AND NIGHT, so that you may BE CAREFUL to do according to ALL THAT IS WRITTEN in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and THEN YOU WILL HAVE GOOD SUCCESS.”



Admitting that my knowledge of GOD’S WORD is no greater than it is can be rather embarrassing, especially when ANSWERS are needed in my circles and I have to research to find where GOD addresses the matter in the BIBLE.   Former President Ronald Reagan once said “Within the covers of the Bible are the ANSWERS for ALL THE PROBLEMS men face."  While I am nearing sixty years of age, I’m afraid that I have spent more time studying insurance laws, school board regulations, anything but “THIS BOOK” that will make my way prosperous and WILL BRING GOOD SUCCESS!

“THIS BOOK” is inspired by the SPIRIT OF GOD, the same SPIRIT in Genesis 1:2 that was hovering over the face of the waters!  HE instructs all who will meditate on it day and night, that you may BE CAREFUL to do according to ALL THAT IS WRITTEN in it.  ONLY THEN does it say that “you will make your way prosperous, and THEN YOU WILL HAVE GOOD SUCCESS.”

Too often I have wanted to read into Scripture what I am looking for.  For instance, YOU WILL HAVE GOOD SUCCESS may not be saying that we will not have trials and tribulations, but that GOD might be Glorified by our difficulties?  “Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble” according to Job 14:1.  This world has been corrupted by man trying to impose his will, instead of being submissive to a HOLY GOD.  “THIS BOOK” is our only HOPE of living a life that will Glorify and edify JESUS CHRIST !  

Maybe “this world” would SEE that “THIS BOOK” has the ANSWERS to ALL of the problems men face if I set a better example?  Worrying about others in the government, in the church, in my family, anyone other than me is GOD’S responsibility.  The main person I have to be accountable for is me!  BEING CAREFUL TO DO according to ALL “THIS BOOK” instructs should be the goal of us all, at least we who are CHOSEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment