Wednesday, June 17, 2020

“FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST!”

2 Corinthians 12:9-10                                   (ESV)
“9 But HE said to me, “MY GRACE is sufficient for you, for MY POWER is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my WEAKNESSES, so that the power of CHRIST may rest upon me.
10 “FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST”, then, I AM CONTENT WITH WEAKNESSES, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG.”



Most people desire to be STRONG and resolute, determined to be the best at what they attempt in life.  Although my DESIRE is similar, my abilities to live the aforementioned manner is pathetically weak!  Why can’t I be more devoted and committed to THE LORD, setting an example for others to follow? After all, showing weakness is not an attractive trait of a follower of JESUS CHRIST!

The writer of this letter to the church of Corinth is the Apostle Paul.  The Apostle Paul also letters to Timothy, in the first one saying in verse fifteen “The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I AM THE FOREMOST!”  There has to be something about growing closer to JESUS and recognizing how “undone” (Isaiah 6:5 KJV) we are?  Comparing ourselves to each other’s can bring about pride and boasting.  Comparing ourselves to the HOLY GOD will allow us to see how WEAK we really are?!?

The GRACE OF GOD is something that cannot be understated. We cannot find words to describe the POWER OF GOD, however!  HE WHO literally spoke and the entire worlds came to be!  JESUS, GOD in the flesh, created ALL THINGS through HIM, AND FOR HIM (Colossians 1:16)!  So it is understandable for Paul to submit himself to being subordinate to our CREATOR “FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST”.  We are simply the CREATED in service to the CREATOR, not visa versa!  

When I am CALLED to perform task that seem outside of my comfort zone, it would do me good to remember that I am a SLAVE (Romans 6:17) to righteousness!  I don’t have the privilege of saying what I think might be better, OR MORE PROFITABLE!  I am CALLED to be a servant “FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST”, and fulfill HIS mission for my life.  We love to hear about the “unsearchable riches” (Ephesians 2:8) of CHRIST, but we must remember that we are CREATED by CHRIST, “FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment