Tuesday, February 1, 2022

“THE WORD OF THE LORD!”

Hosea 1:1-3                                 (ESV)

“[1] “THE WORD OF THE LORD” that came to Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.


Hosea’s Wife and Children


[2] When the LORD first spoke through Hosea, the LORD said to Hosea, “Go, TAKE YOURSELF A WIFE OF WHOREDOM and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the LORD.” [3] So he went and took Gomer, the daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.”


Hosea was “tasked” by “THE WORD OF THE LORD” to TAKE YOURSELF A WIFE OF WHOREDOM!  When I was about to ask the GIFT FROM GOD to be my wife, I was thinking that I wasn’t NEARLY enough man to convince her to agree to spend the rest of our lives together. Not only in my case, but ALMIGHTY GOD was displaying HIS unfailing attributes to HIS people in the days of Hosea.  Why would a PERFECT, HOLY GOD actually desire a relationship with A WIFE OF WHOREDOM?   Why would a PERFECT, HOLY GOD desire a relationship with a sinner like me???


While I don’t deserve a wife as beautiful and compassionate as the one GOD gave me almost 38 years ago, neither do I deserve to be selected as THE BRIDE OF CHRIST!  HE had ALL CREATION to select more qualified candidates than me.  But “THE WORD OF THE LORD” selected me, out of HIS ENTIRE CREATION, to be ONE OF HIS CHOSEN.  There is NO EXPLANATION for it, other than AMAZING GRACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment