Tuesday, July 26, 2022

“BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD!”

 Jeremiah 17:7-8                     (ESV)


    “[7] “BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD”,

        whose trust is the LORD. 

    [8] He is like a tree planted by water,

        that sends out its roots by the stream,

    and does not fear when heat comes,

        for its leaves remain green,

    and is not anxious in the year of drought,

        for it does not cease to bear fruit.””




As I have recovered from the Brain Hemorrhage fifteen years ago I have found the need to write a lot more things down, because I realize that my memory isn’t as good as it was when I was younger.  During a devotional time one day I wrote the text below onto my prayer list:


GOD desires to be TRUSTED!  Do you TRUST HIM?  STRENGTHENING OUR HEARTS USUALLY TAKES MORE TIME THAN WE ARE COMFORTABLE IN GIVING!!!


Typically I have always been a “hurried” person, wanting everything to be completed already!  Fifteen years ago this Friday I was brought out of a SEVENTEEN DAY COMA, something that was completely unexpected and unplanned in my life.  The Brain Hemorrhage I experienced came very close to taking my life, especially on July 24 as my blood pressure was “out of control”!  Early in the morning of July 25 my blood pressure plummeted and nurses were trying to fight to keep me from dropping too low!  


DO I TRUST GOD is a question that I still have to answer, even after HE brought me through a near death experience!  GOD “gives breath to the people on” earth, “and Spirit to those who walk in it” (Isaiah 42:5), but most of us act as though HE is “subservient” to our wishes?  We MUST have our EYES OPENED to SEE that we are the “servants”, and HE is our LORD and MASTER!


There will UNDOUBTEDLY be another post or two about the FIFTEEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY of my DELIVERANCE from the “valley of the shadow of death”, as I STILL get misty-eyed when I remember where HE brought me from!  A SEVENTEEN DAY COMA is not something I wish on anyone, or especially their families!  One thing that I must say though is “BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD”, even when the path we are assigned looks rather bleak!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment