Friday, July 29, 2022

“HE WAS AFRAID TO LOOK AT GOD!”

 Exodus 3:1-6                             (ESV)


The Burning Bush


“[1] Now Moses was keeping the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, the priest of Midian, and he led his flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of GOD. [2] And the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed. [3] And Moses said, “I will turn aside to see this great sight, WHY THE BUSH IS NOT BURNED.” [4] When the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, GOD called to him out of the bush, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” [5] Then HE said, “Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” [6] And HE said, “I am the GOD of your father, the GOD of Abraham, the GOD of Isaac, and the GOD of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, “FOR HE WAS AFRAID TO LOOK AT GOD”.”





This morning is kind of special for me.  It is the 92nd anniversary of the birth of my mother.  It also is the 15th anniversary of being brought out of a coma!  Emotions aren’t as deep as I thought they would be.  As a matter of fact, I almost seem “disconnected” as I write these words???


Moses might have been in a similar situation at Mount Horeb in the Scriptures above?  He was about to have an encounter with THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES and he was a murderer who fled from Egypt many years prior to avoid the consequences of his actions.  He must have been ashamed of himself knowing that ALMIGHTY GOD knows ALL, including his past actions of slaying an Egyptian so many years ago.  


GOD used Moses to deliver HIS people from Egyptian captivity, not because he was blameless, but because he was CHOSEN!  Moses even tried letting GOD know of his “imperfections”, but GOD used him anyway!  This demonstrates to me that even though I am Brain Damaged and the worst among sinners (1 Timothy 1:15), GOD IS ABLE to use me to GLORIFY HIS NAME to a lost and dying world!


Could it be that I am “ashamed” of who I am and what I have YET to become when I SEE who I am, even though I am the beneficiary of SO MUCH of GOD’S GRACE???  One might imagine that I would acknowledge that GOD IS SUPREME from the path I have been assigned?  Although like Paul I am the worst of sinners, it is my aim to never be one that is labeled “FOR HE WAS AFRAID TO LOOK AT GOD”!!!  HE hasn’t abandoned me, and I MUST remember that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment