Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"I DON'T KNOW WHY????"

Romans 8:29-30             (KJV)
"29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

About two years ago I started writing small devotionals on my Facebook wall.  Soon I started putting it on my BLOG, as I can then put the link to the devotional on Twitter.  This morning, this song from my youth is on my mind so strong, I can't think of anything else.

Why and how did I get chosen by the CREATOR of this world to be a part of HIS KINGDOM?    "I DON'T KNOW WHY" is the only thing I can say.  And just as Andre Crouch wrote in the early 1970's, "Oh, but I'm glad, so glad he did"!


Lyrics from Andre Crouch song
I Don't Know Why Jesus Loves Me


I don't know why Jesus loved me
I don't know why He cared
I don't know why He sacrificed His life
Oh, but I'm glad, so glad He did
He left His mighty throne in glory
To bring to us redemption's story
Then He died but He rose again
Just for you and me
Oh, and I'm glad, so glad He did.

Where would I be if Jesus didn't love me?
Where would I be if Jesus didn't care?
Where would I be if He hadn't sacrificed His life
Oh, but I'm glad, so glad He did
I don't know why Jesus loved me
I don't know why He cared
I don't know why He sacrificed His life
Oh, but I'm glad, so glad He did

No comments:

Post a Comment