Monday, February 3, 2014

"MASTER CHEF!"

Philippians 4:6-7             (ESV)
"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

My wife is one of the best cooks I have had the privilege of knowing about.  She has, over the years, gained knowledge and experience from several less than perfect kitchen creations.  These experiences tell her when she needs to add a little more of an ingredient, or bake something a few more minutes, or turn the heat up or down.

One of my favorite things she makes is birthday cakes.  The cake is always so moist and the icing is fantastic.  I am not sure what all of the ingredients are, but she knows if it needs a little more of this or that to make it taste just right when "it comes out of the oven"!

Many times in life I have been going through "purifying fires"and I begin to cry and beg GOD to be pulled out of the oven to get some relief from the heat.  I am so caught up in the current situation that I can't fathom I am being prepared by the "MASTER CHEF" according to HIS recipe.

The Apostle Paul warns us not to "be anxious" about things, rather to humbly pray to GOD ALMIGHTY and HE will protect our hearts and minds in CHRIST JESUS.  Our struggle is not with "flesh and blood" (Ephesians 6:12), but against the enemy and his demons who constantly assail us.  The Spirit of JESUS CHRIST lives in each believer.  We should not be anxious about anything.

Just as I know things will turn out fine when my wife is baking, I should know that GOD ALMIGHTY has everything under control!  When the "MASTER CHEF" determines HIS handiwork is complete, HE will take me out of HIS oven and declare me "well done"!

No comments:

Post a Comment