Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"True PEACE"

John 14:25-27           (KJV)
"25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Many times I have referred back to an interview of Richard Pryor in the 1990's where he was asked since he had everything, what would he like to ADD to his life.  His reply is one that had remained etched in my memory since.  He said "PEACE.....I would give anything for peace"!!

We become so caught up with being a success at our jobs, raising a family, paying the mortgage, staying physically fit, and on and on.  But is there true PEACE in any of what the world offers?  How many people try to buy PEACE with a new car, a new house, a new job.  But true PEACE only comes from GOD through the Holy Spirit in the name of JESUS CHRIST.  HE brings wisdom and guidance as HE guides us in the paths we need to go.

Again, I am reminded of my younger days when my grandfather had a horse we used to ride.   The horse would go wherever his rider led him with the bridles and reins.  I need to be more like that horse.   I need to go wherever I am led by the Holy Spirit in my life.  True PEACE comes from knowing you are right where GOD wants you to be at that time.

The world can't understand what living in the Spirit is.   They can try, but scripture says in John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom THE WORLD CANNOT receive, because it seeth HIM NOT, neither KNOWETH HIM: but ye know HIM; for HE dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."  

True PEACE can only come from the Holy Spirit living inside of our lives, and knowing that our LORD and SAVIOUR is one day returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment