Friday, February 21, 2014

"YOUR TABERNACLE"

John 11:17-23                     (KJV)
"17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he (Lazarus) had lain in the grave four days already.
18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:
19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again."


Many sermons from many preachers have been brought about Lazarus and his miraculous resurrection.  Everyone sees things through their own perspective though.  My perspective on this passage may be different than others.  Let me explain.

According to John 17:11, Lazarus had been "in the grave four days already"!  Some may say he was just in a "near death" state, but JESUS said in John 11:14 very plainly "Lazarus is dead."  JESUS left no doubt that Lazarus had died. But JESUS knew where life came from!  In John 14:6 JESUS says "I am the way, the truth, AND THE LIFE: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  If JESUS IS LIFE, HE can determine where HE gets to live!

One of my favorite quotes is "We have a GOD who delights in impossibilities".  This passage only strengthens my belief that our spirits only tabernacle in our bodies, and when our bodies have accomplished everything GOD intends, our spirits go to our final reward. Until "our time" has come, our body will continue to be our tabernacle.

What believers do with our bodies is not just whatever we please.  If we have the Spirit of God living in our bodies, we are obligated to do as HE directs us.  If I want to put illicit drugs, alcohol, or anything else into this body, I should make sure HIS SPIRIT concurs with my desires.  The hardest thing for me to write is, if I want to EAT something that I know will not bring glory to GOD, I have to make sure HIS SPIRIT is okay with that!  This body is HIS TABERNACLE and I should treat it with the respect and dignity I do the sanctuary I meet in at church.

FATHER IN HEAVEN, I pray I will be more attentive to what YOU desire to be accomplished with the tabernacle YOU have blessed me with.  Cause me to seek YOUR WILL in what I allow into YOUR TABERNACLE!




No comments:

Post a Comment