Friday, February 14, 2014

"I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS!"

Philippians 2:1-2               (KJV)
"1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."

1 Peter 1:15-16                 (KJV)
"15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."


Once again, I awoke this morning in a Spirit of worshipping HIM.  The two passages entered my mind, along with the song below.   In John 17:23 JESUS tells The FATHER "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."  

For us to be like JESUS should bring a stark revelation that "the world" will hate us (John 15:18-9).  Regardless of the world's disdain, JESUS commands us to love those who those who hate us (Matthew 5:43-44).  If we trust HIM, HE will strengthen us to be HOLY!

The song that has been on my heart today is "Nothing Less Than Holiness".  I have put the words below so the whole world can see that "I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS"!

I want Nothing less than Holiness
Not my will but thine be done
Let our hearts become as one
Lord I pray You'll see, when you look at me
Nothing Less Than Holiness
(REPEAT ABOVE)

I want to be HOLY, HOLY like you
I want to be HOLY, HOLY like you
Holy Spirit purify me, cleanse and make me new
I want to be HOLY, HOLY like you
(REPEAT ABOVE)

I want Nothing less than Holiness
Not my will but thine be done
Let our hearts become as one
Lord I pray You'll see, when you look at me
Nothing Less Than Holiness

I..........WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS
I......want to be more like HIM
Everyday HE's changing me
Making me what I should be
I want to be more and more and more like HIM!
(REPEAT ABOVE)

Everyday HE's changing me
Making me what I should be
I want to be more and more and more like HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment