Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"WHAT DO YOU FOCUS ON?"

Isaiah 12:4-5              (KJV)
"4 And you will say in that day: "Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 "Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth."

In my past I was, and still have to fight the desire, to be quite negative in my thoughts and thinking.  I have always used as an excuse "I am just trying to be prepared"!  But prepared for what???  Prepared for disaster?  Prepared for calamity?  Why, in my mindset, do I prepare for the "bad" times, yet celebrate the "good" times IF they come along?  I have found the "good" times are a lot more enjoyable than the "bad" times.

The passage above (Isaiah 12:4-5) was my "Scripture for Today" on my Bible Application for today.  While meditating this scripture, my thoughts started pondering the words "make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth."  It is hard to prepare BAD when you are exalting the name of The LORD!

GOD will give you grace to deal with the "bad" when it comes.  But in Philippians 4:8 GOD reminds us "Whatsoever things are TRUE, whatsoever things are HONEST, whatsoever things are JUST, whatsoever things are PURE, whatsoever things are LOVELY, whatsoever things are of GOOD REPORT; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS"!

I will focus on what "HE HAS DONE GLORIOUSLY", and trust HIM for the grace to handle the rough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment