Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"EXAMINE YOURSELVES!"

2 Corinthians 13:5-5               (ESV)
"5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
6 I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test."


Recently my wife discussed a desire to visit a diamond mine in Southwest Arkansas.  My mind started wondering how we would know if we ever really found a diamond or not?  While reading this scripture, my mind recalled her statement and how we should "Examine" ourselves to see if we are "in the faith"!

A gemologist can "examine" a precious stone and determine whether or not the stone has any value.   The value of a stone is generally determined by its clarity and size.

When we "Examine" our lives, how do we determine the worth?  Is it our bank accounts, the cars we drive, the houses we live in, our medical condition, or some other earthly measuring stick?  Do we ever pause long enough to consider eternity and the eternal value that GOD is placing on our lives?

"Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-unless indeed you fail to meet the test!"  The latter portion of verse five is very encouraging to me!  JESUS CHRIST lives in me and I can pass any test with HIM!  "Do you not realize" that when GOD sees me, HE sees JESUS CHRIST living in me?  JESUS lives in me not because I am worthy or deserving, but because of HIS GRACE!

I trust that when you "EXAMINE YOURSELVES" you find a stone that is flawless and magnificent!  I trust that JESUS CHRIST will be what is seen when my examination is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment