Sunday, April 27, 2014

"GOD IS ABLE!"

2 Corinthians 9:6-8                (1599 Geneva Bible)
"6 This yet remember, that he which soweth sparingly, shall reap also sparingly, and he that soweth liberally, shall reap also liberally.
7 As every man wisheth in his heart, so let him give, not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And GOD IS ABLE able to make all grace to abound toward you, that ye always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound in every good work"


My maternal grandfather only went to school through the fifth grade. He never had a job making a lot of money.  Yet, I continue to this day to learn from his life.  Many people enjoyed the crops raised by my grandfather.  He had Rent Houses that people continue to live in.  "GrandPa Pete" had a God-Given ability to to make a dollar, yet a heart to share his abundance.

I remember planting seeds when I thought there was no need!  The harvest could never be consumed by the family.  But after everything was canned or "put up" in the storehouse, there would be some acquaintance come into a need and the need was supplied.  GOD used my grandfather to supple the needs of many families.  His name was not known as a glorified statesman or masterful politician.  But "GrandPa Pete" was able to be blessed by GOD, and he shared those blessings with others.

"GOD IS ABLE" to bless those who HE deems will honor and glorify HIS name. My prayer is that I will be blessed beyond measure, and those blessings will be shared with others for the glory of GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment