Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"MINE HEART REJOICETH IN THE LORD!"

1 Samuel 2:1-7                 (1599 Geneva Bible)
"1 And Hannah prayed, and said, Mine heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies, because I rejoice in thy salvation.
2 There is none holy as the LORD: yea, there is none besides thee, and there is no god like our GOD.
3 Speak no more presumptuously: let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a GOD of knowledge, and by HIM enterprises are established.
4 The bow and the mighty men are broken, and the weak have girded themselves with strength.
5 They that were full, are hired forth for bread, and the hungry are no more hired, so that the barren hath borne seven: and she that had many children is feeble.
6 The LORD killeth and maketh alive: bringeth down to the grave and raiseth up.
7 The LORD maketh poor and maketh rich: bringeth low, and exalteth."


Since I awoke this morning, "Mine heart rejoiceth in the LORD" has been all I can focus on. I still owe the same amount of money as I did yesterday. I still have the same problems I did yesterday. I still have the same unfulfilled dreams I did yesterday.  But GOD has lightened my burden and caused my heart to rejoice in HIM!  I feel I have to shout HIS praise!

"The LORD killeth and maketh alive" is a mouthful.  When you stop and think about it, every breath we take is a gift from The Creator.  I have written before, that in 2007 when I awoke my ability to walk had left me.  The song "I can't even walk without you holding my hand" by Jesse Dixon became a favorite song of mine.  I have friends, young and old, who have left this world while sleeping.  Life is a gift, not a right!

The verse "The LORD maketh poor and maketh rich: bringeth low, and exalteth" is a weighty one also.  GOD can bring success our way, and HE can bring failure.  The Apostle Paul writes in Philippians 4:11 "for I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  If the plan of GOD calls for me to suffer, I should glory in that suffering (Romans 5:3).  Should GOD'S plan call for me to have success, I should not glory in the success, rather glory in the ONE who provides the success.

GOD is the ONE who grants life.  HE is the ONE who gives prosperity.  HE can take away prosperity, as HE can take away life (Luke 12:20).  Our lives are meant to honor and glorify HIM!  When "Mine heart rejoiceth in the LORD", my life is demonstrating HIS glory!  I pray my life is an example of what HE desires for all to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment