Friday, April 25, 2014

"WORDS!"

Matthew 7:21-23                   (1599 Geneva Bible)
"21 Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth my Father’s will which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not by thy Name prophesied, and by thy name cast out devils? and by thy name done many great works?
23 And then will I profess to them, I NEVER KNEW YOU, DEPART from me ye that work iniquity."


"WORDS!"  We all use them with very little thought about the impact they are having, or will have, in days to come.  Imagine, if you will, all of the sudden you lose your ability to correctly enunciate the thoughts that make YOU who you really are.  Other than body movements, how do we communicate?  

The ability to accurately speak what is on your mind is a trait many take advantage of.  The ability to speak what is in your heart is a gift FEW enjoy!  While JESUS CHRIST walked among men, HE spoke TRUTH.  Many were not able to "handle the TRUTH" and some still cannot!

JESUS explained that the "WORDS" one uses can be of great oratory prowess, but the heart of man has to be changed (Matthew 15:18-20) before the "WORDS" carry any weight! Some modern day preachers are celebrated for their ability to sway the opinion of the masses.  But the Holy Bible says that when Judgement Day comes the pretenders will be exposed and the TRUTH once again will not be comfortable for them!

Some of the "WORDS" I have used in my past are regrettable.  Those "WORDS" can not be taken back or changed.  One can only claim the blood of JESUS when the accuser brings up our imperfections.  But my heart has been, and continues to be, regenerated, and my "WORDS" reflect that.

The most dreadful "WORDS" that one can ever hear have to he the ones JESUS will speak to those who are not HIS; "I never knew you, depart"!  I pray that those "WORDS" will not have to be spoken to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment