Monday, April 21, 2014

"LESSONS LEARNED"

Philippians 4:9-13            (GVB)
"9 Which ye have both learned and received, and heard, and seen in me: those things do, and the GOD of peace shall be with you.
10 Now I rejoice also in the LORD greatly, that now at the last your care for me springeth afresh, wherein notwithstanding ye were careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
11 I speak not because of want: for I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 And I can be abased, and I can abound: everywhere in all things I am instructed, both to be full, and to be hungry, and to abound, and to have want.
13 I am able to do all things through the help of CHRIST, which strengtheneth me."


It has been said that a "lesson learned" from experience is one that leaves an indelible impression.  The Apostle Paul was trying to tell the church at Philippi that they could learn from the hardships he had endured, and the victories he had been blessed with, as soon as they realized that living for CHRIST was worth whatever came their way.

GOD'S plan for our lives may not be to be President of the United States, or head of a large corporation.  GOD may not have a plan for us to be a astronaut, or a Nobel Prize winning scientist.  GOD'S plan for us may be to lead just ONE person to a saving knowledge of JESUS CHRIST, and that one person may be one that The LORD uses to win thousands to HIS Kingdom.

Most well-known war heroes have endured a battle or two in their past.  Just because a person is enduring a battle currently, don't think they are a failure for The LORD!  Long ago I was told "When you are being taught a lesson, glean everything you can from that lesson!  You don't want to have to learn the same lesson again!"  Like the Apostle Paul, I have been abased and I have been blessed!  I pray that the "LESSONS LEARNED" will lead me to know that "I am able to do all things through the help of CHRIST, which strengtheneth me."

No comments:

Post a Comment