Saturday, April 5, 2014

"I AM HIS!"

Exodus 12:12-13                     (ESV)
"12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD.
13 The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt."


The accounting of the Exodus of the children of Israel from Egyptian captivity is one of the most influential in the Bible.  GOD's chosen people, the descendants of Abraham, were in Egypt for 430 years!  GOD called Moses from the womb for HIS plan and HIS purpose.

In chapter 2 & 3 of Exodus we read that Moses was born and hidden for fear Moses would be killed (Exodus 1:22) by the Egyptians.  A daughter of the King of Egypt found Moses and took him to raise and educate.  Moses then killed an Egyptian man (Exodus 2:12) and fled into the land of Midian. There he lived a life as a shepherd, literally living with sheep!   GOD eventually used Moses to lead HIS children out of bondage from the Egyptians.  Moses was being prepared to be used to GOD for HIS purpose. The process was not an overnight happening, rather it took years.

To get the Egyptians to release the Children of Israel, GOD had to send a series of 10 plagues, the final plague was THE PASSOVER.  The Children of Israel were given "precise" instructions to put the blood of a pure lamb on their doorways, what to do with the meat of the lamb, and several other things to cause the death angel to PASSOVER the houses of the Israelites.  GOD wanted the Israelites to let the world know THEY WERE HIS!

Did the act of putting blood on their doorposts save the Israelites for the death angel?  Didn't GOD know who was an Israelite and who wasn't?  Why did GOD not send the death angel before all of the other plagues?  Couldn't GOD have caused all the Egyptians to faint, or even kill them?  JESUS said in Matthew 19:26 "with GOD all things are possible."

The "obedience" of GOD's children was demonstrated to the Children of Israel.  GOD knew they were HIS and didn't need anything on their door to help HIM identify them.  GOD wanted HIS children to be identified to the world that they were HIS Children.  In Exodus 14:17 "and I will get me honor upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen."

GOD gets honor when we allow ourselves to be identified as HIS Children.  HE has a plan and a purpose for my life, and HE is preparing me to fulfill that purpose. It may take years, but HIS salvation is certain, and my obedience in identifying as HIS Child honors HIM and adorns HIM with praise. I will make HIM known to all, and let all know I AM HIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment