Thursday, February 26, 2015

"BE STRONG IN THE LORD!"

Ephesians 6:10-13                        (ESV)
"10 Finally, "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm."


We recently discussed the importance of recognizing that mankind was a Spiritual being before he was a physical being.  When a Spiritual person becomes aware that they are Spirit first, they must start Spiritually "working out".  We can say we are going to "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" all we want, but until prepare for Spiritual battle we cannot begin to BE STRONG!  

Going to a gymnasium is not something I am very familiar with.  I prefer walking in my neighborhood for my exercise. When I go out for a walk, I have to dress appropriately.  I love to sweat so I usually wear warm-ups, even in the hottest days of summer.  Everytime I go walking I have to PUT ON MY ENTIRE WALKING CLOTHES as my desire is to get a good workout.  If I go walking without MY WALKING CLOTHES, the time spent walking will be not as productive as it could have been.  

Wrestling against RULERS, AUTHORITIES, and COSMIC POWERS means we must be, not physically fit, but Spiritually fit!  To do this we MUST exercise CONSTANTLY!  Spiritually exercise, that is!  To prepare for "the schemes of the devil" one had better be prepared.  To "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" does not have anything to do with dumbbells and jogging suits.  

If we desire to "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" we have to "Put on the whole armor of GOD".  We cannot "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" if we do not EXERCISE our FAITH!  Putting on the whole armor of GOD is the first step should be the first step in our exercise program.  This Spiritual exercise program is about letting CHRIST continue to dominate our lives.  Spending time in Scripture, meditating on HIS Word, talking with the FATHER and growing Spiritually is what it all about!  If we are going to fight a good fight against the enemy, we must "BE STRONG IN THE LORD"!  

The great deceiver wasn't named in haste, rather after he proved himself vile and sadistic beyond our wildest imagination.  To properly identify our enemy we cannot take him lightly or underestimate his ruthlessness.  To "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" isn't just a defensive posture, but in order to mount a assault against the forces of evil we must be ARMED!  LORD, I pray my life exhibits YOUR characteristics and that I will "BE STRONG IN THE LORD"!

No comments:

Post a Comment